How I love the fresh morning breeze as I start my day and the scintillating sun rising over the sea, sharing its bright golden, orange and red beauty with me here in tropical Asia. It's quite still then, but distant roosters crow and the birds sing their sweet morning songs. How can one not be filled with peace, inspiration and gratitude at such magnificence?
We have a tradition that I've done with Mozart since the day of her birth, all around the world, which is to always sing this song to her gently as she wakes and we cuddle. "Wake up, wake up, you sleepy head. Get up, get up, get out of bed. Live, laugh, love and be happy.".
Those last four words are what I really wanted to imprint on her as I think the times when we wake up or go to bed are sacred family times, where we focus on the good and the heart as we drift between two worlds. Greeting the sunrise is another life affirming way to focus on appreciation and gratitude for what is good in this world and inside us. Long after I am gone, I hope she is singing it to her grandchildren, passing on the positive focus way of being.
Here are some favorite quotes to brighten your day and week ahead!
* "Above all, look for the loving, which is how all of this works. Without
love, no matter what else we have, it will not work. And if we have
love, no matter what else we do not have, it will work." John-Roger
* “Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.” Leon J Seunes
* "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi
* "A wonderful world would be a place where we can openly, honestly share things and it's done the same
way in return. Do you suppose we're going to get that world anytime soon? I don't expect it. So I am practical. I work to have people close to me whom I can openly and honestly share with. And from that base of safety and trust, I can extend my sharing out into the world."- John Morton
* “If you want to be reminded of the love of the Lord, just watch the sunrise.” ―Jennette Walls
Do you have a morning ritual that helps you keep a positive focus all day long?