Best Chocolate Cake Recipe Ever and it's Paleo Healthy Grain Free
October 28, 2013
This is truly the best chocolate cake in the world, plus it is healthy, gluten-free, grain-free and easy! Who could ask for anything more? Maybe a little bit of homemade healthy chocolate ice cream to go with it and some banana? Yum! It is so moist and rich it is a delight to luxuriously devour totally on it's own too.
CAN IT BE HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS?
We were all stunned at just how delicious this chocolate cake was..better than we have ever eaten ANY where! This was the first layered cake I ever made, so I was a bit nervous beforehand. We are grateful to have a healthy, paleo version on our healing journey that tastes just as good and even better than less-healthy conventional chocolate cakes that are filled with bad fats, gluten and grains.
The only downside is the
to-die-for frosting melts quite easily in tropical heat, but is fine as
long as you keep it refrigerated and the cake is rich so lasts a long time refridgerated and stays delectable.
WHAT ABOUT FRUCTOSE AND PHYTIC ACID?
This is too sweet and indulgent for every day, as it has more fructose than we normally eat and cacao or chocolate is higher in phytic acid than we usually eat on our curing gum disease and cavities naturally diet. Cacao (or chocolate) are one of those controversial ingredients that some say are super healthy and others say not, but for a special occasion, this is the perfect, decadent splurge. It is even tame enough for my super sensitive tummy in small portions.
FAST CHOCOLATE FROSTING CAN BE USED AS A SEPARATE TREAT TOO
We sometimes use just the frosting for a little treat for Mozart, like we will on Halloween or any time she needs an extra special treat around friends splurging on junk food temptations. It can be made in minutes and popped into a little jar with a spoon to savor. Nice topping with frozen banana too and because it is uncooked, it is even healthier than the cake.
2) Grease pans and line pan bottoms with parchment paper
3) Combine coconut flour, organic cacao powder, aluminum-free baking soda, celtic sea salt in a bowl and set aside
4) Whisk eggs, add coconut oil, honey, organic coffee, and organic vanilla and mix/combine
5) Add dry ingredients
6) Mix on low for 1 or 2 minutes ( I just do this by hand)
7) Pour into 2 greased, lined pans, evenly divide batter between the two prepared pans. ( I have a tiny oven, so did these one at a time)
8) Bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9) Let pans cool slightly, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
AMAZING AND FAST HEALTHY CHOCOLATE FROSTING RECIPE
1/2 Cup Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup Organic Raw, Unheated Honey
1 Tsp Organic Vanilla
3/4 Cup Organic Raw Cacao Powder
4 Tablespoons Coconut Milk
5 Oz ( or approximately 10 TBSP) Organic Raw Butter
1) Mix everything in a blender until smooth
2) Place first layer upside-down on a plate so the flat side is up. Then frost.
3) Place the second layer on top with the rounded side up. Frost sides and top and sides.
4) Keep refrigerated
Voila! The world's best chocolate cake that will make even a non-cook like me look like a genius! This was my very first layer cake ever and my family is still raving about it and looking forward to the next one.
I will work on making the next one more picture-perfect prettier, but I was just thrilled that this turned out so great.
Doesn't it sound tempting? It's thrilling to discover you can have your healthy cake and eat it too!